Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Come back

We parted ways a long time ago
Took our threads to stitch separate tapestries

But my days are captive to your memories
My body stirs with remembered touches
My nights are fevered with dreams of you
Rains bring back memories of you driving slowly behind me as I walk in the rain
Songs blend our voices in my head
Leaves of books flutter open with messages from you
Cups of coffee drunk sitting in the canteen
Flash upon dregs of coffee left in my cup
Some of the places we visited have been brought down
But their shells are left unoccupied
Our furtive glances and stolen touches keep replaying in my mind’s eye,
woken only out of their reverie by the sound of your voice in my head

Seems you may just have forgotten to pick up some bits of you left behind...why don’t you come back to claim them? Just one last time?

No comments: